What a year it has been, getting engaged, planning a wedding and then just in time for Spring we welcomed a new little addition to our family. They say friendships are based on shared experiences and someone who has been there to capture all these special moments is Michelle Wiggett, a great friend and even better photographer.
It can be quite intimidating getting in front of a camera a week after giving birth, but I knew that these photos would be cherished memories so I plucked up the courage and did a little pampering to make sure I was feeling my best. Here are some top beauty tips to get you and baby camera ready;
1. Treat yourself to a blow dry. Everybody knows that clean, bouncy hair puts a spring in your step
2. Get your makeup done professionally. A newborn shoot can be 2-4 hours long and with a week old baby calling the shots you need your makeup to last
3. Treat yourself to a manicure. It hardly seems top priority but some of the most beautiful shots involve close ups of your hands. I love Shellac and highly recommend “Nails By Tanya”. She is a mobile nail technician and can visit you in the comfort of your own home. My favourite colour is Wildfire
4. Have plenty of baby lotion on hand. Baby may need a little pampering as well to ensure their skin is soft as… well a babies. Dry patches really show up in the images
5. The most important thing of all is that you are completely comfortable with your look so that you can relax as much as possible and enjoy the moment!
It was a relaxed and intimate shoot taking place in our home so I went for a paired down look sticking to a neutral palette for eyes and lips. The subtle lipstick I wore was Obey by Illamasqua, RRP £18.50. I hope these tips help if you are planning your own newborn photo session.
Visit Michelle Wiggett Photography to see more images from the day.
You Might Also Like